Diagrama de temas
BIB 456 - Romans
BIB 456 - Romans (3 credits)
Instructor: David Feddes
I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16).
God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
Overview: This class offers an in-depth study of the book of Romans, exploring Paul's meaning in the original context and the relevance of Romans for today.
- Understand Paul's main ideas and detailed explanations in Romans.
- Interpret Romans in the context of its author, recipients, and cultural setting.
- Integrate major themes of Romans with other strands of Scripture.
- Defend key Christian doctrines rooted in Romans.
- Evaluate various theological perspectives in light of Romans.
- Apply Romans to faith, life, and witness in contemporary settings.
Resources: This course includes materials from Kenneth Berding, Tim Keller, Steven Lawson, Douglas Moo, Sam O'Neal, John Piper, Thomas Schreiner, and Sam Storms.
Recommended Commentary: John R. W. Stott, The Message of Romans (not required, but very helpful for anyone who plans to preach or teach from Romans)
- Read the portion of Romans assigned for each unit.
- Watch videos and read articles for each unit.
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to class materials.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Day 1 - 10
Unit 1: Gospel Power
Day 11 - 20
Unit 2: God's Reality and Wrath Revealed
Day 21 - 30
Unit 3: Religion Without Relationship
Day 31 - 40
Unit 4: Righteous Through Faith in Christ
Day 41 - 50
Unit 5: Dead to Sin, Alive to God
Day 51 - 60
Unit 6: Life in the Spirit
Day 61 - 70
Unit 7: More Than Conquerors
Day 71 - 80
Unit 8: Israel's Unbelief
Day 81 - 90
Unit 9: Israel's Salvation
Day 91 - 100
Unit 10: One Body in Christ
Day 101 - 110
Unit 11: Christlike Love
Day 111 - 120
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner and supporting CLI's mission, Click Here! Find out about the benefits of giving!
Unit 12: Building Each Other Up
Day 121 - 150
Meet CLI Student Joanne Adolphe
"Once I realized I was called to preach the word I wanted to study and get trained in order to be more effective. I tried searching online for free bible training to learn the word of God, to understand and know it better on a deeper level but I couldn’t find anything that was interesting or good enough to me. I started one of them anyway but stopped because I felt like I wasn’t really learning. A few days ago, I felt this push and urgency that I needed to start taking bible classes but I cannot afford college right now. I went back on google and searched “Free Theology Degree” and there was Christian Leaders Institute. I feel so blessed and grateful knowing that I can actually earn a degree with CLC without having to pay the extensive amount of money other colleges are charging. I am so exited already and I can’t wait to start my classes. Thank you so much CLI and CLC for this opportunity and may God continue to bless you for the great work you are doing. Shalom!!!"
Please pray for Joanne and her ministry!
If you are not already involved, do you want to participate in helping to offer free ministry training everywhere?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian Leaders!
Day 151 - 180
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.