Diagrama de temas
History of American Christianity
by Dr. Roger Green
This course examines the history of Christianity in America. You will explore major events and movements, grasp the impact of key leaders, evaluate significant theological debates, develop your ability to see contemporary American Christianity in historical perspective, and integrate these insights into your ministry context.
Christian Leaders Institute is pleased to offer History of American Christianity in partnership with Biblical E-Learning. This class is taught by Dr. Roger Green. He has a Ph.D. in theology from Boston College and a D.D. (honorary) from William and Catherine Booth College. He has taught for over 40 years at Barrington and then Gordon College (Wenham, MA).
This is a challenging course that we recommend you take good notes and review all the material multiple times before attempting the quizzes.
- Understand the historical development of Christianity in America.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Christian leaders who shaped Christianity in America
- Grapple with some of the theological debates that occurred in American Christianity
- Reflect on how the development of Christianity in America has implications for your work in ministry.
- Learn to think in historical frameworks as you do ministry.
1. Read feature articles from Wikipedia.
2. Listen to online video lectures by Dr. Green and Dr. Hildebrandt. These lectures do not have notes. You must take notes to be ready for your quiz.
4. Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 45 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. Once a quiz has started, you must finish it, and you can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 45-minute limit.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average grade for all assignments in the class must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no course credit.
You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all course work will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Puritanism in America
Diversity in Early American Christianity
First Great Awakening
Religion and the American Revolution
The Second Great Awakening
Catholic History, Civil War, and African American Christianity
Evangelicalism in the Nineteenth Century
Urbanization and Social Gospel
20th Century Christian Evangelicalism
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner, please click on the link below.
Find out about the benefits of giving!
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.