Licensed Minister Role Recognition Class
The Licensed Minister is a clergy role with a 13-credit training program that gives you the necessary skills for ministry. The Licensed Minister is licensed as clergy to do the duties of a minister, including weddings.
The Licensed Minister credential is for those who are or are seeking to be volunteer or part-time ministers. Maybe you are a non-licensed minister in a church, and you believe that licensed clergy status will help you serve better. Perhaps you are testing the ministry waters out and this program will launch you with further credibility on your way to ordained clergy roles with the Christian Leaders Alliance.
Licensed Minister Core Requirements:
- Ministry Calling and Confidence (1 Credit)
- Min 100 – Christian Leaders Connection (3 Credits)
- Theo 101 – Introduction to Christian Doctrine (3 Credits)
- Christian Wedding Officiant Skills (1 Credit)
- Premarriage Counseling Skills (1 Credit)
- Ministry Officiant Skills (2 Credit)
- Parenting Skills (1 Credit)
- Influence Smart (1 Credit)
Total Credits 13
Mini-Courses: (6 Mini-courses)
- Essential Philosophy (0 Cr)
- Critical Grace Theory (0 Cr)
- How to be Interesting (0 Cr)
- Leading Bible Studies (0 Cr)
- Basic Ministry Speaking (0 Cr)
- Overview of Mental Health Integration (0 Cr)
Total: 12 credits and six mini-courses.
You will need two recommendations concerning your character and calling for this clergy role.
The Christian Leaders Alliance will recognize you as a licensed minister and a clergy member. Your profile will be on the Christian Leaders Alliance website.
The Licensed Minister is given the necessary training for most ministry roles. This clergy status encompasses all the preparation of the Christian Wedding Officiant and the Ministry Officiant, including:
- Baptisms and Dedications
- The Lord’s Supper
- Professions of Faith
- Confessions of Sin
- Forgiveness Prayers and Ceremonies
- Anointing Ceremonies
- Care Facilities Visits
- Spiritual Warfare
- Master of Ceremony Events
- This program has actual training and recommendations. These elements are essential for your credibility.
- When you complete this program of study and complete the certification course, you will be awarded your licensed credentials that will be posted by the Christian Leaders Alliance Minister directory. The training is free, and the actual posting of the licensed credential is free. The generosity of vision partners supports both.
- Government officials can look up your name as a licensed clergy member.
- You are introduced to the world of ministry training and can discern whether you want to continue with more training and credential levels.
- As you complete this course, you will be permitted to order one of three clergy credential packages for further confirmation of your credentialing. Click here for more details.
- Submit two recommendations.
- Update your profile to communicate your story and your passion for being a Licensed Minister.
- Indicate your willingness to submit your story and passion for possible posting on the Christian Leaders Alliance website. This submission helps us reach more Christian leaders looking for this generosity-driven free training.
The Licensed Minister is a ministry clergy status at Christian Leaders Alliance. While we can observe your academic readiness for becoming a Licensed Minister, we need to have your calling confirmed by those who know you. We ask for at least two endorsements.
You must obtain 2 letters of recommendation from someone who has observed your Christian character. They can be from:
- A ministry leader or a Mentor Minister
- Your spouse or a friend if unmarried
- A non-family member that knows you and respects you.
These two endorsements are essential for your credibility as a Licensed Minister.
- A ministry leader or a Mentor Minister
Your student profile will become your publically posted clergy profile in the Christian Leaders Alliance Directory. Your well-written profile communicates your competency and confidence as a clergy member. Please upload a quality picture as well. As a licensed minister, government officials, Care Facility Officials, other ministers, or parishioners will potentially look you up to confirm that you are licensed clergy.See the sample profiles below for guidance.
Your profile will be assessed when your recommendation is evaluated and given a pass/fail grade. Please proofread your profile.
Share your story. We regularly publish Licensed Minister stories to present this opportunity and reach others who may be interested in free training and/or licensed clergy options.
When you write your story, please include the following elements:
Post your updated story and upload a high-quality picture of yourself (if you have a security risk or a reason not to, simply move on to the final course confirmation quiz).
- How becoming a Licensed Minister will help you and your ministry.
- An explanation of why you are pursuing the Licensed Minister credential.
- The spiritual journey that brought you to this desire to serve others.
- Does this program encourage you to do more training at Christian Leaders? If so, what might interest you?
- How has this free training and the Licensed Minister course been formative for you?