Aperçu des sections
How to Write a Non-Fiction Book for Beginners
by Cherrilynn Bisbano
Do you feel called as a writer? Are you interested in the creative process of composition? Writing can be an important skill in many aspects of life, including ministry! Join Cherrilynn Bisbano, an award-winning writer, coach, and editor as she equips you with the basics for writing a non-fiction book and encourages you in your journey.
About the Professor:
Cherrilynn Bisbano is Life Coach Minister empowering Christian Women to overcome fear, doubt, worry, perfectionism, and guilt with principles from S.T.A.N.D. Firm & Shine. Cherrilynn found herself complaining due to her past abuse. Her book Shine Don't Whine is the springboard for her Life Coach Ministry. She has empowered many women to overcome and shine.
Cherrilynn is also an award-winning writer, coach, editor. As former managing editor of Almost an Author, she helped the website earn the #6 spot on the Top 100 best writing websites for 2018 by The Write Life and Top 101 Websites for writers with Writers Digest. Cherrilynn is a speaker with Women Speakers. Her topics include leadership, book proposals, and the Bible.
She is a two-time winner of Flash Fiction Weekly. Her work in progress, Accidental Findings, won the first 10 pages award with, When Words Count Retreat. You can find her published in Blue Ridge Writers Blog, Southern Writers, More to Life (MTL), Christian Rep, Christian Voice, Refresh, and other online magazines. Cherrilynn is a contributor to the award-winning, Get to the Margins-Author Anthology; Breaking the Chains; Heart Reno; and two Chicken Soup for the Soul books. She is a contributor to Kiss Guilt Goodbye. Her latest book, Shine Don't Whine, released in October 2020. Cherrilynn proudly served in the Navy and Air National Guard, earning the John Levitow Military leadership award. She lives with her eighteen-year-old son, Michael, Jr., and husband of 22 years. Cherrilynn loves Christ, chocolate, coffee, and cats. You will often find her on the beach sea glass hunting.Buy Cherrilynn's books here!
In this course you will:
1. Learn how to achieve a writer's mindset
2. Know the questions to ask before writing
3. Gain confidence in researching and setting goals
4. Help you shed perfectionism when writing your first draft
5. Learn the basics of self-editing
6. Help you get a prayer team and learn the power of prayer for every writer
7. Be encouraged to write through the fear, doubt, and worry as well as writer's block
8. Learn the overall basics of writing a book
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
1. Did you identify your why?
2. What do you do to prepare yourself to write?
3. What is the age group of your audience? Where is your audience located online?
4. Where’s the best place for you to research?
5. Have you created SMART goals?
1. How many chapters in your outline? Does your outline follow a progression?
2. What did you find difficult while writing your first draft?
3. Did you notice a trend as you self-edited? (using the same word, writing in past tense?)
4. What excites you most about working with a professional editor?
5. Do you believe your manuscript is worth the cost of a professional editor?
1. Why do you need an Alpha reader? Why do you need a Beta reader?
2. How has the W.R.I.T.E. prayer changed your prayer life?
3. How may I pray for you?
Did You Enjoy this Mini-Course? Help Fund More Free Courses!
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
You can click on the button below to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!