New Testament Survey
New Testament Survey (3 credits)
Instructor: David FeddesWebsite: DavidFeddes.com
Content Providers: Pedro Aviles, Jeff Weima
Overview: This course involves reading the entire New Testament. It also considers the historical background, theme development, and theological contribution of the New Testaments books.
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and articulate major theological themes in the New Testament as a whole and in each book of the New Testament.
- Understand and articulate the relevance of New Testament concepts for Christian living.
- Trace the expansion and development of the gospel and the followers of Christ in the first century.
- Read the New Testament chapters assigned for each unit, either online or in your own Bible. During the course, you will read the entire New Testament. These readings are arranged so that the reading of the four gospels is interspersed with a reading of epistles, rather than reading the gospels all in a row.
- Read the online articles for each unit. For your convenience, content is available in more than one format. Usually, the first link for an article is in a format that automatically adapts for easy viewing on cell phones and tablets as well as computers. A second link provides the same content in a PDF file if you prefer that format, or if you want to save the file on your personal device for future reference. (To read PDF files, your device must have Adobe Reader.)
- Listen to online video lectures. For some videos, a corresponding article is posted. Slides for each video are posted as a PDF file. If you wish, you may save the file on your computer and adapt the slides to use when you teach others. If you don't have Adobe Reader and can't download PDF, you can click on the other link for slides. This link works on all devices and contains the words from the slides but not any pictures or special formatting.
- Use the discussion forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with others.
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. Once a quiz has started, you must finish it, and you can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 75-minute limit.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average grade for all assignments in the class must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no course credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Course Forum: Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first-course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you were wanting to post about.
Accessibility: All the video slides are available in this course.
Day 1 - 10
Unit 1: Matthew
Day 11 - 20
Unit 2: Hebrews and James
Day 21 - 30
Unit 3: Luke
Day 31 - 40
Day 41 - 50
Unit 5: Acts 13-28
Day 51 - 60
Unit 6: Romans, Philemon
Day 61 - 70
Unit 7: 1 & 2 Corinthians
Day 71 - 80
Unit 8: John
Day 81 - 90
Unit 9: Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians
Day 91 - 100
Unit 10: 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus
Day 101 - 110
Unit 11: Mark, 1 & 2 Peter; Jude
Day 111 - 120
As you complete this offering-supported course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners of Christian Leaders. Their stewardship of these courses makes it the most accessible option for anyone seeking ministry training.
Will you be a multiplier of high-quality free education today?
Unit 12: Revelation
Day 121 - 150
Why Order an Official Award?
Congratulations! Did you just finish an award? Showing your church leaders, mentor or family an official award changes how they see you. This recognition helps them see you as a serious contender for the faith. You are preparing to be a servant leader! We suggest that your mentor give you the award publically since we do not have a campus. Your local relationships are your campus.
Order an official award. Official awards are independently verified and recognized by our staff. When you display or show that official award it tells you and the world you accomplished your goal and how you are preparing for your God-given purpose.
This takes you to your Guidance and Credential Panel where you can order you Official Credentials. Click on the Credential you earned and there will be an option to "Order Now"
Day 151 - 180
Read the testimony of this fellow Christian Leaders Institute student:
CLI student Yasmin Coles
"My name is Yasmin Coles, and I am excited about the ministry training opportunity at Christian Leaders Institute. I live in Puerto Rico. I am the middle child of five. At the age of ten years old, my brothers started to rape me until I was twenty-one. When I was sixteen, my mother returned back to the church. That is when I started to go to church with her. At the age of 26 years old, a pastor told me that God is calling me to serve him. At the age of 28 years old, I started to question God. I was angry with God and my family. So I left the church and my family.
When I was 29 years old, I started to live with this certain person, and this person introduced me to drinking, doing drugs, and partying all night. I did this for eight years. At the age of 38 years old, I gave birth to my son. It was at that time that I realized that I need Christ in my life.
After five years passed by, at the age of 43 years old, I married my husband. God became real to me when I met my husband, Minister Coles. Then I wanted to know more about God and how to live for him. Therefore, I searched online for free ministry training. That is when I found the Christian Leaders Institute. My spiritual dream is to use my training at Christian Leaders Institute to help my husband in the ministry work he leads. Serving God with my husband is a true blessing in my life. I am excited to see how God will lead us in this ministry."
Please pray for Yasmin!
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.
Interested in School Merchandise?