- Frederick nearly choked on the piece of chicken when he saw Margaret walk through the door.
- His intense eyes looked at everyone and everything as if they were specimens in a biology lab.
- Despite her pessimistic views on life, Lauren believes that most people have kind hearts.
- Although Stefan took the criticism gracefully, he remained calm.
- The child developed a vivid imagination because he read a lot of books.
- Madeleine spoke softly while she was visiting her grandmother in the hospital.
- Hector’s most cherished possession was his father’s bass guitar from the 1970s.
- My definition of a perfect afternoon is walking to the park on a beautiful day, spreading out my blanket, and losing myself in a good book.
- She curiously eyed her new coworker and wondered if he was single.
- At the party, Denise voraciously devoured two pieces of pepperoni pizza and several slices of ripe watermelon.
Our argument started on the sunniest afternoon that I have ever experienced. Max and I were sitting on my front stoop when I started it. I told him that my dog, Jacko, was smarter than his dog, Merlin. I could not help myself. Merlin never came when he was called, and he chased his tail and barked at rocks. I told Max that Merlin was the dumbest dog on the block. I guess I was angrier about a bad grade that I received, so I decided to pick on poor little Merlin. Even though Max insulted Jacko too, I felt I had been meaner. The next day I apologized to Max and brought Merlin some of Jacko’s treats. When Merlin placed his paw on my knee and licked my hand, I was the sorriest person on the block.
a. Denise has a more cheerful outlook on life than her husband.
b. I don’t mean to brag, but I think I am the best cook in my family.
c. Lydia is the most thoughtful person I know.
d. Italy experienced the worst heat wave in its history last year.
e. My teacher, Ms. Beckett, is the strangest person I know, and I like that.
f. Dorian’s drawing skills are better this semester than last.
g. My handwriting is the sloppiest of all my classmates.
h. Melvin’s soccer team played worse than it did last season.
i. Josie’s pen writes more smoothly than mine.
j. I felt luckier than my sister because I got into the college of my choice.
Последнее изменение: пятница, 8 сентября 2023, 07:45