Misplaced, Dangling Modifiers Exercise Answers
- The young lady was walking the dog while on the telephone.
- I heard about the robbery on the evening news.
- Uncle Louie, who he called "Speed Racer," bought a running stroller for the baby.
- Rolling down the mountain, the explorer stopped the boulder with his powerful foot.
- We are looking for a babysitter who owns a car for our precious six-year-old and doesn't drink or smoke.
- The teacher wrapped cookies in aluminum foil and served them to the children.
- Holding an umbrella, the mysterious woman walked toward the car.
- We returned the sour wine to the waiter.
- Driving home from work, Charlie spotted a stray puppy.
- For dinner, I ate nothing but a cold bowl of noodles.
- Bent over backward, she found the posture very challenging.
- Making discoveries about new creatures is an interesting time to be a biologist.
- Walking in the dark, I watched as the picture fell off the wall.
- I noticed the cat under the bed while I was playing a guitar in the bedroom,
- While packing for a trip, I saw a cockroach scurrying down the hallway.
- While looking in the mirror, I noticed the towel swaying in the breeze.
- While driving to the veterinarian’s office, I heard the dog nervously whining.
- The priceless painting drew large crowds as people walked into the museum.
- I chose a romance novel from the pile next to the bookshelf.
- As I was chewing furiously, I let the gum fall out of my mouth.
I bought a fresh loaf of bread for my sandwich while shopping in the grocery store. Wanting to make a delicious sandwich, I thickly spread the mayonnaise. After placing the cold cuts on the bread, I added the lettuce on top. While turning on the radio, I cut the sandwich in half with a knife. As I bit into the sandwich, my favorite song blared loudly in my ears. Humming and chewing, I enjoyed my sandwich as it went down smoothly. I smiled, knowing that I would make the sandwich again, but next time I will add cheese.
Last modified: Friday, September 8, 2023, 8:01 AM