BIB 470 - General Epistles
General Epistles (3 credits)
Professor: Dr. David Feddes
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you (James 4:7-8).
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3).
God is light... God is love (1 John 1:5, 4:16).
Overview: This class offers an in-depth study of the general epistles: James; 1 & 2 Peter; 1, 2, & 3 John; and Jude. Their meaning in the original context and their contemporary relevance are explored.
- Understand the main ideas and detailed content of each general epistle.
- Interpret each general epistle in the context of author, recipients, and cultural setting.
- Integrate major themes of the general epistles with other strands of Scripture.
- Evaluate various theological perspectives in light of the general epistles.
- Apply each general epistle to faith, life, and witness in contemporary settings.
- Read the portion of Scripture assigned for each unit.
- Watch videos and read articles for each unit. CLI computer tracks whether you do this.
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to class materials.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Day 1 - 10: James 1
Day 11 - 20: James 2:1-4:12
Day 21-30: James 4:13-5:20
Day 31-40: 1 Peter 1:1-12
Day 41-50: 1 Peter 1:13-2:25
Day 51-60: 1 Peter 2:13-3:7
Day 61-70: 1 Peter 3:8-5:14
Day 71-80: 2 Peter
Day 81-90: 1 John 1-2
Days 91-100 1 John 2:12-4:6
Days 101-110 1 John 5, 2 John, 3 John
Day 111-120: Jude
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner and helping to support the ministry of CLI, click the link below! Find out about the benefits of giving!
Day 121 - 150
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Day 151 - 180
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.