Writing a Vision Statement
by Steve Elzinga
1. Learn the reasons why a Vision Statement is impactful for your life.
2. Understand what a Vision Statement contains and why.
3. Discern your values and how they impact your life vision.
4. Gain an understanding of your personality traits.
5. Learn about spiritual, natural, and gained gifts - what they might be and how they can serve your life vision.
6. Reflection on life experiences, current responsibilities, and opportunities.
7. Guidance and direction in composing a Vision Statement.
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections and read and engaged with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections, there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
1. Why are you taking this course? Do you feel you have a vision for your life? Have you ever written a vision statement before?
2. Which of the 'ingredients' in a vision statement do you struggle to articulate about yourself? How can you overcome this?
3. Using some of the questions Professor Steve discussed, list three of your values and why you have them.
1. Share a little bit about your personality. How do some of these traits connect to your life vision? Do they strengthen you or hold you back?
2. What are your spiritual gifts? Do you have trouble discerning what your spiritual gifts are?
3. What are some of your natural gifts? What about the gifts you have worked at? How do you use these gifts to bless others?
1. Have you been writing down your responses to the prompts Professor Elzinga has given? Have you found it helpful so far to articulate them?
2. Share one of your most impactful life experiences. Describe it and how it has impacted your vision.
3. Name one of your biggest current opportunities and one of your biggest responsibilities. How do you balance these? How do they impact the vision you have for your life?
4. If you would like, after watching all of the videos, share in this forum the Vision Statement you have written.
Are you a Vision Partner?
You can help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click on the link below to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!