Featuring Linked YouTube Videos by Dr. James Markum
Do you need to focus on your health? What if you could find out some simple, but highly effective ways to improve your quality of life.
Dr. James Markum is a Christian Cardiologist who has written several books and his team has put together a Bible Study you can use in your family or at your church.
Click here to order the Bible Study Resource.
This Healthy Living mini-course may help you live a more healthy and satisfied life until the Lord takes you home.
- Learn the Christian worldview about healthy living.
- Learn about how prayer and worship are connected to healthy living.
- Gain valuable insights into the common health issues people face.
- Learn the basics of a sustainable diet.
- Learn the balance of medication and non-medication remedies.
- Develop the techniques of lowering blood pressure or cholesterol levels
- Develop a deeper level of understanding about lowering stress.
- Learn alternative approaches to health that still respect medical science
- Learn how water will bless your life.
Christian Leaders Institute thanks Dr. James Markum for his work in the area of Christian healthy living. We recommend that you check out his Youtube Channel and his website.
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
General Health Tips
1. After learning about the effect of words on our mental and physical health, can you give an example of a time that words impacted you and your health positively? What about negatively? What can you learn from these experiences?
2. What does the world tell us about how we should deal with stress and anxiety? Is this different from the way the Bible and our spirituality addresses stress and anxiety? How so and what are the implications here?
Addressing the Common Heath Issues
1. Do you or someone you know deal with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or heart disease? How has this impacted your/their life, maybe outside of just your/their physical health? How can you apply the rest and relaxation techniques in relation to your health?
Eating and Drinking to the Glory of God
1. What influences the way you eat and view food? Is your relationship with food and drink healthy? Does it impact your faith walk or spirituality? How so?
2. Can you give an example of fasting in the Bible, or a time the Bible discusses physical nourishment? In these verses, what is your takeaway/life application?
Help Spread Christianity!
You can donate today to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click on the button below to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!