Featuring Youtube Video Links by Dr. Robert C. Newman
Have you ever studied miracles? We read about the miracles in the Old and New Testaments. What can we learn for today? Dr. Robert C. Newman leads this mini-course.
- Survey the Old and New Testaments on the topic of miracles.
- Learn the history of miracles in the period between the Old and New Testaments.
- Understand how the Liberal scientific area questioned miracles.
- Learn the Christian response to those questions.
- Learn more about miracles in the natural realm.
- Learn more about miracles in the human realm.
- Learn more about miracles in the spiritual realm.
- Become confident and competent in your knowledge of the Biblical revelation of miracles.
Post in 2 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections. We also encourage you to read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
This partnering mini-course is made possible by the efforts of Dr. Ted Hillebrandt from his Biblical Elearning efforts. He founded and leads Biblical Elearning. We thank Biblical Elearning for their efforts!
Robert C. Newman
Robert C. Newman is Emeritus Professor of New Testament at Biblical Theological Seminary and Director of the Interdisciplinary Biblical Research Institute. His doctorate is in theoretical astrophysics from Cornell University, and he has an M.Div. from Faith Theological Seminary and an S.T.M. in Old Testament from Biblical Theological Seminary. He is a past President of the Evangelical Theological Society. He has done scientific research for the U.S. Weather Bureau and the Franklin Institute. He is a fellow of the American Scientific Affiliation and a member of the editorial board of its journal Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith and was formerly Chairman of its Commission on Creation. He is co-author of Genesis One and the Origin of the Earth (Intervarsity Press, 1977, 2007), editor of The Evidence of Prophecy (IBRI, 1988), and a contributor to Youngblood, The Genesis Debate (Nelson, 1986); Kantzer and Henry, Evangelical Affirmations (Zondervan, 1990); Montgomery, Evidence for Faith (Probe/Word, 1991); Bauman, Hall, and Newman, Evangelical Apologetics (Christian Publications, 1996); Habermas and Geivett, In Defense of Miracles (InterVarsity Press, 1997); van Gemeren, New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (Zondervan, 1997); Dembski, Mere Creation: Faith, Science and Intelligent Design (InterVarsity Press, 1998); Evans and Porter, Dictionary of New Testament Background (InterVarsity Press, 2000); Newman, Wiester, Moneymaker and Moneymaker, What’s Darwin Got to Do with It? (InterVarsity Press, 2000); and Brasher, Encyclopedia of Fundamentalism (Routledge, 2001). He is also the author of articles in The Astrophysical Journal, Planetary and Space Science, Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith, The Westminster Theological Journal, Grace Theological Journal, Concordia Journal, Presbyterian, The Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, and Philosophia Christi.
1. What did you find most interesting about surveying the Bible on the topic of miracles?
2. How does science create doubt about miracles?
3. How are you better equipped to talk about miracles?
1. What new insight did you receive about miracles in the natural realm?
2. How can you be more effective in ministry by learning about miracles?
3. What were some of the more important takeaways from this mini-course?
Did You Enjoy this Mini-Course? Help Keep Our Courses Free!
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
You can click on the button below to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!