Featuring Youtube Video Links by Dr. Fred Putnam
Have you ever studied the book of Proverbs? The book of proverbs is one of the wisdom books of the Old Testament.
Dr. Fred Putnam brings us through this Biblical mini-course that will give you an understanding of the context and the teachings of this very interesting book.
This course does not offer college credit but will eventually grant 40 Christian Leaders Institute Points.
- Be introduced to the Proverbs
- Get more insights for reading and teaching Wisdom Literature from the Bible.
- Study the issues of authorship.
- Study key insights and passages from the book of Proverbs.
- Learn ways to apply Proverbs to our lives.
Post in 2 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections. We also encourage you to read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
This partnering mini-course is made possible by the efforts of Dr. Ted Hillebrandt from his Biblical Elearning efforts. He founded and leads Biblical Elearning. We thank Biblical Elearning for their efforts!
Dr. Fred Putnam
Dr. Fred Putnam is currently Prof. of Old Testament at Eastern University. Prior to that Fred taught over two decades at Biblical Theological Seminary and later at Philadelphia Biblical University. He has a B.S., from Philadelphia Biblical University and an M. A., from The Dropsie College of Hebrew and Cognate Learning as well as a M. Div. and S.T.M. from Biblical Theological Seminary. Fred earned his doctorate (Ph.D.) from the Annenberg Research Institute. Author of a New Grammar of Biblical Hebrew (Sheffield) and co-author of The Book of Proverbs: A Classified Bibliography
1. Why is wisdom literature important to study?
2. What are some of your favorite proverbs and why?
3. What are some proverbs takeaways you have received from your studies?
1. Why is "fearing the Lord" so important when it comes to gaining wisdom?
2. What are ways you have listened to the voice of wisdom that has changed your life?
3. How can proverbs be used as an evangelistic tool?
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click Here to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!