How to be an Ambassador of Jesus Christ
by Dr. Brian DeCook
"Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 2:5
Just as Christ was an ambassador for the Father, we are ambassadors for Christ. Just as Jesus was sent, we are sent. With this special calling, there are important priorities, forms of communication, and tasks.
Are you an Ambassador of Jesus Christ? What does it mean to be an ambassador? How was Jesus Christ an ambassador to His Father? How can Christians serve their sending as ambassadors?
Join Professor Brian DeCook in examining these questions and more in this mini-course.
- Learn the definition, roles, and functions of an ambassador
- Gain an understanding of Jesus Christ as an ambassador on His Father's behalf
- Biblical discernment on your personal calling as an ambassador
- Learn the priorities of an ambassador
- Understanding of what it means to speak as an ambassador
- A better knowledge of the necessary communication skills for ambassadors of Christ
- An understanding of your position as an ambassador as a privilege
- Reflection on your specific calling as an ambassador
- Knowledge of the definition and application of the term 'embassy'
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
1. Do you see yourself as an ambassador? Whether in your faith or in other areas of your life, comment on how you relate to the term 'ambassador'.
2. Professor DeCook gives many examples of Bible verses that mention Jesus as being 'sent'. How does the sending of Jesus Christ relate to the definition of ambassador that Professor DeCook gave in the first video?
3. In the video 'Are you Sent?', Professor DeCook discusses several purposes of our sending as ambassadors for Christ. Which of these purposes do you feel you excel in? Are there any you can improve upon? Reflect on this.
1. In a world where we are mainly told to please ourselves, do you seek to please the Father? How can you use the perfect example of Jesus pleasing His Father to be faithful and obedient?
2. Do you often reflect on how you communicate with others? What factors influence your communication skills?
3. Pick one of the qualities of communication as an ambassador that Professor DeCook discussed in this section. Give a concrete example of how you have used this skill in the past and how you plan to use it in the future.
1. Do you consider your work as an ambassador a privilege or a task? How can you adopt the idea of work as a privilege into all aspects of your life?
2. How can you better rely on Christ for your calling in life?
3. Reflect below on the questions that Professor DeCook presents in the final video. What is your current ambassadorial assignment? At home? In your marriage? Your family? Your children? Siblings? At work? Are you being challenged in your current assignment? Do you feel your assignment is insignificant? What have you learned from this course?
Help Spread Christianity!
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click Here to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!