How To Be Interesting
by Steve Elzinga and Henry Reyenga
Being interesting helps you in ways you cannot even imagine yet. In life, people tend to want to be around you more. In ministry, being interesting helps your communication and your leadership. This mini-course will change your life and make you more effective in your service to Christ!
- Be introduced to the subject of being interesting.
- Learn how to connect to interesting people.
- Develop your plan to do interesting things.
- Learn how to ask interesting questions.
- Develop the skill to tell interesting stories.
- Learn how to see the possibilities.
- Gain the skill and confidence to develop your compelling narrative.
- Grow in enthusiasm.
- Learn how to be daring.
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
1. Do you think it is important to be interesting? Do you think you are an interesting person?
2. How does knowledge relate to being interesting? How does confidence relate to being interesting?
3. Choose one person who you find interesting to connect with in this upcoming week. Choose one interesting activity that you can do in this upcoming week. Write about these things you have chosen below. After connecting with this person and doing this activity, report back on how it went. Do you feel enriched? Could you make seeking out interesting things and people a habit?
1. Asking someone meaningful questions is a way that you can signal you are interested in others. What are other reasons asking questions is important? What are your 'go-to' questions to ask when you are getting to know someone? Why do you ask those specific questions?
2. How can you become a better storyteller? What is the most interesting story you have to tell? What do you want to communicate about yourself through your stories?
3. Do you think you see interesting possibilities? How can you become more aspirational? Why do you think people are drawn to those that seek interesting possibilities?
1. After watching the videos in this section, what role do humor and passion have in being interesting? How can you remain authentic in these aspects?
2. Does being daring scare you? Does failure scare you? How can we use biblical principles to overcome these fears?
3. What is your biggest takeaway from this mini-course?
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click Here to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!