Dating Discernment Overview
Featuring Linked YouTube Videos by Dr. Henry Cloud
Few areas of life bring such promise or disappointment than the hope and fulfillment of finding the love of your life.
Dr. Henry Cloud has written books on Dating subjects. If you have more interest, please click on the book icons.
He has also posted excellent teaching on dating discernment. This mini-course has selected some of those teachings and will link you to Dr. Cloud's insights.
This mini-course will be helpful if you are an active Christian involved in the dating scene or you are a minister or life coach helping those in the dating scene.
If you are interested in Joining Dating Coaching Community, Dr. Cloud has a membership site, you may want to join. There is a monthly fee. Click here to visit their website.
Dating Discernment mini-course Outcomes:
- Develop increased knowledge of the dating/courtship relational process.
- Observe Dr. Cloud to address real-life dating issues helpful for you if you are dating or to help you be a friend, minister, or life coach to someone who is dating.
- Gain valuable insights into whether a person is ready to start dating.
- Learn about issues that are faced as people continue to date.
- Get insights about important dating boundaries.
- Develop more confidence to discern important dating issues.
- Learn how to discern whether dating relationships have a future.
Christian Leaders Institute thanks Dr. Henry Cloud for his work in the area of Christian Christian Boundaries. We recommend that you check out his Youtube Channel and his website.
Post in 4 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Section 1 - Start-up Issues
1. What new insights did you gain about whether someone is ready to date?
2. What is your opinion on dating someone who is not a believer?
3. Did you hear anything from Dr. Cloud in this section that could give someone insights on how to do online dating? What is your opinion on online dating from a discernment pros and cons point of view?
Section 2 - Early in the Relationship
1. Why is the discussion on "deal breakers" so important?
2. Should someone go out with someone they are not physically attracted to? Why? Why not?
3. What important boundaries are established in a dating relationships?
Section 3 - Discerning Decisions and Possible Outcomes
1. What are some different types of attachment issues? How will these unresolved issues hurt the growing relationship?
2. Why is it so important to be able to say "no" in a healthy dating relationship?
3. Pick one of the issues in this section topics and share what new insights you have learned.
Section 4 - Discerning Possible Challenges
1. Why is it so important for a person in a dating relationship to communicate their needs?
2. What have you learned about the situation where someone will not commit to someone else in a dating relationship?
3. How was this mini-course helpful?
Did You Enjoy This Mini-Course? Help Keep Courses Free
Would you consider making a donation today to help support CLI's mission? We depend upon the generosity of students like you to provide free courses like this one!
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!