Dating Discernment for Women Overview
Dating Discernment for Women
Featuring Linked YouTube Videos by Karolyne Roberts
Are you an active Christian woman who sincerely seeks to honor God while you participate in the dating/courtship process? Are you a minister or life coach minister in the areas of dating, matching, or marriage? Do you want to look honestly at some of these issues? Are you called to encourage or coach others in the courting process?
Karolyne Roberts walks with God as a Christian blogger, author, speaker, wife, and MinistryBiz Christian leader. One of her areas of focus is dating and courtship from a Christian woman's perspective. Men will also benefit from this dating course. Read her latest book.
Karolyne Roberts has posted excellent teaching on courtship-oriented dating discernment. This is a blogger who is well-read in dating/courtship materials and brings a Christian perspective to this topic. This mini-course has selected the Youtube videos she has presented. She shares her wedding story here in this 51-minute video. Click here to watch.
This mini-course will be helpful if you are an active Christian woman involved in the dating scene or you are a minister or life coach helping those in the dating scene. If you are a man seeking a wife, see a woman's perspective.
Visit Karolyne Roberts' website, click here
Dating Discernment mini-course Outcomes:
- Develop increased knowledge of the dating/courtship relational process.
- Observe Karolyne Roberts' transparency in real-life dating issues helpful for you if you are dating or to help you be a friend, minister, or life coach to someone who is dating.
- Gain valuable insights into whether a person is ready to start dating.
- Learn insights for addressing with healing such topics as lesbian attraction, pornography, and jealousy.
- Learn about issues that are faced as people continue to date.
- Learn about waiting and God's plan.
- Get insights about important dating boundaries.
- Develop more confidence to discern important dating issues.
- Learn how to discern whether dating relationships have a future.
Christian Leaders Institute thanks Karolyne Roberts for his work in the area of Christian Dating and Courtship
Post in 4 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Section 1 - Start-up Issues
1. How do you see Christian dating different from worldly dating? How can you better get in tune with God's relationship plan for you?
2. Which of the three boundaries listed do you struggle with the most? Why? How can you improve in this area? Reflect below.
3. Are you intentional and purposeful with your relationships (romantic or otherwise)? Which of the tips that Karolyne offered on finding your soulmate resonated with you? How will you seek to apply it in your life?
Section 2 - Early in the Relationship
1. Why do you feel it is important to be in a relationship with a believer? If you have ever been in a relationship with someone that does not believe in God, how has it impacted you?
2. What are some of your deal breakers? Did Karolyne alert you to any deal-breakers that you did not think of before? Do you find it difficult to break things off with someone that has many of your deal-breaking characteristics?
3. After listening to all the videos in this section, how can you better center Christ in your relationship? Write about one specific way you choose to do so and why. If you feel called, come back to this forum after dedicating yourself to this for a week or so and give an update.
Section 3 - Discerning Decisions and Possible Outcomes
1. Have you had an experience with jealousy? Give an example of a jealous person you dealt with and also a time that you were jealous. How can you learn from these instances? If you see someone else's post that resonates with you, comment on it!
2. What are your thoughts on the strategies to overcoming lust? Why do you think lust is such a temptation in most of our lives? How can you channel your desires into positive, Christ-centered thoughts and actions?
3. How does confidence relate to successful Christian relationships? Is there a difference between Godly confidence and worldly confidence? Elaborate on this in your post.
Section 4 - Discerning Possible Challenges
1. Spiritual warfare impacts our lives in every aspect as Christians. How can you combat the three types of warfare that Karolyn discusses in her video (related to relationships and otherwise)? How can you protect yourself and your partner?
2. Moving on or a breakup can be one of the hardest seasons in life. How can you draw closer to the Lord in these times? After learning Karolyne's tips for when it might be time to end a relationship, how can you apply these to your life?
3. How has this course equipped you to seek a more Christ-like relationship or marriage? If you have had any breakthroughs, share them below. If you have had any struggles or confusions as you worked through this course, share them below also.
Did You Enjoy This Mini-Course? Help Keep Courses Free
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click Here to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!