Basic Ministry Speaking
by Dr. Bruce Ballast
So you have been asked to speak! Maybe you are asked to give a sermon because your pastor is on vacation. Maybe you are leading a ministry at your local church. Or you were asked to lead devotions at the marriage conference. Maybe you are planting a new church or house church in your neighborhood and you are going to need the basics of a ministry presentation. This class will help you get going on giving a ministry presentation.
This class is required in most of the roles of the Commended Minister Program at Christian Leaders Alliance.
This Class may fit you if you are called to prepare for:
- House Church Planting
- Church Planting
- Small-Group Leadership or Participation.
- Bible Studies
- Men or Women's Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Licensing or Ordination
- Be introduced to the subject of basic ministry presenting.
- Learn about writing messages with the hearer in mind
- Learn the process of interpreting a text
- Learn how to put a message/sermon together. Focus on the Introduction.
- Study the different types of messages
- Learn different styles of organization
- Learn how to give an effective conclusion
- Be Encouraged on How God wants to use you in a powerful way through your presentations!
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections and read and engaged with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections, there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Christian Leaders Points:
Christian Leaders Points are given as you study and complete courses at Christian Leaders Institute, Christian Leaders College, and Christian Leaders Alliance.