Basis Ministry Speaking
by Dr. Bruce Ballast
So you have been asked to speak! Maybe you are asked to give a sermon because your pastor is on vacation. Maybe you are leading a ministry at your local church. Or you were asked to lead devotions at the marriage conference. Maybe you are planting a new church or house church in your neighborhood and you are going to need the basics of a ministry presentation. This class will help you get going on giving a ministry presentation.
This class is required in most of the roles of the Commended Minister Program at Christian Leaders Alliance.
This Class may fit you if you are called to prepare for:
- House Church Planting
- Church Planting
- Small-Group Leadership or Participation.
- Bible Studies
- Men or Women's Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Licensing or Ordination
- Be introduced to the subject of basic ministry presenting.
- Learn about writing messages with the hearer in mind
- Learn the process of interpreting a text
- Learn how to put a message/sermon together. Focus on the Introduction.
- Study the different types of messages
- Learn different styles of organization
- Learn how to give an effective conclusion
- Be Encouraged on How God wants to use you in a powerful way through your presentations!
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections and read and engaged with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections, there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Christian Leaders Points:
Christian Leaders Points are given as you study and complete courses at Christian Leaders Institute, Christian Leaders College, and Christian Leaders Alliance.
1. Why are you interested in this subject?
2. In your opinion, what makes a powerful message?
3. What new things did you learn from the presentations?
1. What type of message do you think you will be most comfortable with?
2. What type of organization resonates with you? Why?
3. How has preaching impacted or influenced you?
1. How do you see conclusions differently than you had before?
2. Why does an effective conclusion make a big difference?
3. How has this course helped you gain confidence for preparing a ministry presentation?
Did You Enjoy This Mini-Course? Help Fund More Free Courses!
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click Here to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!