Field Minister Core Role Class
by Henry Reyenga and Steve Elzinga
Are you an active Christian who is called to minister in a specific area? Are you a church leader, a local elder or deacon, or a layperson who senses a call to ministry?
Are you looking for a program that includes specific training and minister credentials and that may take you less than two months of part-time study to complete or even less depending on how much time you have available?
This is one of the minister roles in the DIakonos level minister credentialling program at Christian Leaders Alliance.
Field Minister Program (previously called "Commended Minister")
The Field Minister program is designed for those who may be serving as volunteer ministers in a local church or elsewhere in God’s Kingdom. Often these ministers serve as local deacons or elders. The field minister program can be specialized with all the specialization options. This minister can be completed in about one to two months of consistent part-time study. You will need one endorsement for this program. This program includes the Christian Wedding Officiant Skills course. We encourage you to complete that credentialling program as well.
This Field Minister Role class establishes your status with the Christian Leaders Alliance. This role used to be called "Commended" minister. The role title has changed to "field Minister". We do this because the name field minister better communicated the role and function of this ministry role.
After you complete this Minister Credentialling Role you will be recognized as clergy to serve as a Field Minister. Here is a sample of some of the following ways you will be recognized:
- Be Recognized as a Christian Licensed Wedding Officiant
- Serve as a field minister at a local church. That means you will be trained in foundational ministry competencies that will help you serve more effectively as a local church Elder or Deacon.
- Serve as a lay minister in a local church while being recognized as clergy with the Christian Leaders Alliance
- Lead a small group or a Soul Center. Take more specialized courses to strengthen your ministry.
Field Minister Core Requirement
- Ministry Calling and Confidence (1 Credit)
- Min 100 – Christian Leaders Connections (3 Credits)
- Theo 101 – Introduction to Christian Doctrine (3 Credits)
- Christian Wedding Officiant Skills (1 Credit)
- Critical Grace Theory (0 Cr)
- The Storyline of the Bible (0 Cr)
- How to be Interesting (0 Cr)
- Fellowship and Hospitality Ministry (0 Cr)
- Leading Bible Studies (0 Cr)
- Basic Ministry Speaking (0 Cr)
Total: 8 credits and 6 mini-courses
- Be introduced to the Role of Field Minister.
- Find out why Field Ministers are needed today
- Learn the history of specific ministry roles from the early Church. These roles have increased since the time of videotaping.
Endorsement Level One - This means you have received one endorsement that testifies to your walk with God and to your calling to ministry.
This is no longer a lay minister program. It is now the clergy grade program that includes the Licensed Wedding Officiant role embedded in the Field Minister Role.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections, there is a feedback assignment and quiz. The feedback helps us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
This Field Minister Recognition Class connects you to the Christian Leaders Alliance. As a result, you will be in the Christian Leaders Alliance Directory listed as a Field Minister. You will also be able to purchase a Field Minister Recognition Package. This package has official documents that commend you to your Field Minister Role.
This Handbook will explain to mentors, pastors, ordained leaders, your family, and others what a credentialing role means at Christian Leaders Alliance.
The Commended Minister Program is now the Field Minister Program. The Field Minister program has expanded has upgraded the commended program and taken it beyond a lay minister's position. Make note of that as you watch these videos. We are hoping to reshoot these videos soon.
Recommendation & Feedback Assignments