The Fundamentals of Church Planting
by Pastor Bruce Ballast
Are you considering planting a church? Are you part of a church that is launching a new church? Do you have a passion for your neighborhood or community in which you want to plant a church? How can an understanding of church planting strengthen your ministry? This mini-course will guide you through the basics of church planting.
By the end of this course, students will have an understanding of:
- The reason church planting is needed
- The role church planting plays in evangelism and revival
- The various ways that a church can be planted and the strategies involved
- The challenges and failures that come with church planting
- The principles needed for success in church planting
- The process of honing your vision and targeting your audience
- Building a team and selecting leadership
- Money and finances in church development
- A realistic timeline for a church plant
- The common mistakes in the church planting process and how to avoid them
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Christian Leaders Points:
Christian Leaders Points are given as you study and complete courses at Christian Leaders Institute, Christian Leaders College, and Christian Leaders Alliance.
Want more information on Church Planting?
Take the full-length Church Planting course (MIN 313). Click here to check it out!
Interested in Church Planting Credentials? We offer a Basic Church Planting Award, the Commended Church Planter Minister, and the Ordained Church Planter Minister roles. Head over to the Guidance and Credential on your Dashboard to learn more!
Head over to the Christian Leaders Store to check out Steve Elzinga's book Being a Lifeboat Church in a Titanic Cruiseship World.
This book uses the Titanic as a metaphor for reaching people for Christ and getting them into the lifeboat called the church. It tries to answer these three questions:
- Why aren’t there enough churches (lifeboats) launched or planted?
- Why isn’t the average Christian that sits every week in the lifeboat called the church not actively trying to fill the empty seat next to them?
- What can we as Christians do both to plant more churches and reach out to those all around us who are drowning all around us?
Help Spread Christianity Worldwide!
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click on the link below to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!