Church Planting (4 credits)
Instructor: Henry Reyenga
Content Provider: Ben Ingebretson
Need help: CLI Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In this way, the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power. (Acts 19:20)
Overview: This class takes many principles of marketing and integrates them with a biblical framework for planting sustainable, reproducible churches. (This class can be used as a marketing core requirement for the Degree program or as an elective in all programs. You can only use this course once in your program.)
- Form godly character and spiritual mentality to become a church planter.
- Understand the need and opportunity for planting more churches.
- Develop vision, strategy, and skills for healthy, sustainable church planting.
- Identify and overcome hindrances to church planting.
- Consider various church planting models and evaluate a target community.
- Know how to cultivate leaders, form small groups, build stewardship, publicize a church launch, and accomplish other practical aspects of church planting.
Resources: CLI has a partnership with Multiplication Network Ministries. Christian Leaders Institute is pleased to promote their material and practices in planting mentor-supporting church plants everywhere.
- Read materials and blogs.
- View all video lectures online (These lectures are also available as MP3 audios, but you will miss seeing helpful slides if you only listen to audio).
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. Once a quiz starts, you must finish it and can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First, answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 75-minute limit.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Accessibility: All videos have slides available with them.
Course Forum: Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first-course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you wanted to post about.
Day 1 - 10
Church Planting Introduction
Day 11 - 20
Church Planting Basic Training Part One
Day 21 - 30
Church Planting Basic Training Part Two
Day 31 - 40
Church Planting Basic Training Part Three
Day 41 - 50
Thinking Like a Church Planter...Interviews with Visionary Leaders and Getting Prepared for Battle
Day 51 - 60
Building A Great Team of Leaders
Day 61 - 70
Critical Skills and Practices for Church Planting
Day 71 - 80
The Word of Mouth Operating System of Promotion
Day 81 - 90
Small Group Operating System
Day 91 - 100
Stewardship and Church Planting
Day 101 - 110
Day 111 - 120
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner, please click on the link below. Find out about the benefits of giving!
Final Reality Check and Your Church Planting Future
Day 121 - 150
Read the Testimony of this Fellow Christian Leaders Institute Student
CLI is helping to equip him as a Church Planter!
CLI Student George Acevdo Jr.
"I joined CLI in September 2016 after much prayer. I searched for a Bible school that would prepare me in the Word. I had a calling, but I didn’t have knowledge. I needed to learn more about the teachings of the Gospel, and the things I needed to do on becoming a pastor and learning about evangelizing, theology, church history and so much more. I also learned through the Holy Spirit to be patient with myself, trust the Lord, and prepare better. I knew I would have struggles with English, Math, and Science, but I could succeed because CLI has great professors and a remarkable curriculum. I prayed, trusted the Lord, and forged ahead.
I have been a Sunday school teacher, a Youth Leader, Men’s Ministry Leader, Worship Leader. I received my Officiant Ordination , Ordination for Ministry, and Church Planting Ordination certificates and Letters of Good Standing. I believe I am ready to be a Pastor and a future Church Planter. I want to be able to serve in the field looking after his sheep, bringing the good news of salvation, and proclaiming the day of the Lord that is to come.I believe this ordination will be of great blessing to my life. Not because of any title I might have, but because as I help others in their walk with God, I will become closer to Him. I know the Lord will hold us to account for his people. I want to produce good fruit for His glory!"
Please pray for George! If you would like, you can join Vision Partners in supporting Christian leaders like him.
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training everywhere?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders.
Day 151 - 180
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.