by Dr. Brian DeCook
Whether you have been asked to serve on a board, are interested in doing so, or already have served on a board, this course will dive into the importance of the role. Board membership can change the life and path of the individual and of the organization as a whole. The world needs more productive board members. Join Professor DeCook in the process of becoming one!
At the end of this course, students will have learned:
- The benefits of being a board member as well as the many reasons people choose to serve
- The impact and life-changing effects serving as a board member can have on one's life
- The steps required to form a non-profit board
- How to identify initial board members
- The legal duties of board members
- The role of a board of directors and how a board functions
- The particular skills necessary for a productive board member
- How one's leadership capacity can be maximized
- The spiritual warfare that can be encountered as a board member and how it can be addressed
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections also read and engage with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections there is a two-part feedback assignment and quiz. This will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
1. What interests you the most about serving as a kingdom minister on a board of directors?
2. What are the three legal duties every board member owes to the organization/ministry?
1. Describe the respective roles of (a) the board of directors and (b) management (staff) in a not-for-profit organization/ministry.
2. Of the skills mentioned in Session 4, which one seems most important to you? Why?
1. What does it mean to you to help a leader maximize his/her strengths?2. In responding to spiritual warfare in a board meeting, how can you distinguish between worldly wisdom and godly wisdom (James 3:13-17)?
Help Spread Christianity!
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click Here to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!