by Abby Dominiak and Abigail Alfree
Spiritual Disciplines are biblical principles that bring growth and depth to ones' faith and relationship with Christ. This mini-course will introduce several fundamental spiritual disciplines and discuss the ways they can be practiced, their biblical framework, and the impact they can have when practiced.
At the end of this mini-course, students will have an understanding of:
- The biblical framework for spiritual disciplines
- How these disciplines can be practiced
- The important impacts of practicing spiritual disciplines
Post in each of the 4 Forums answering the Reflection Questions. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections. Reading and engaging with the comments of others is encouraged.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections, there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Interested in learning more about Prayer? Check out Dr. Feddes' full course on Prayer.
1. How is your prayer life? Are you coming to God like the persistent widow?
2. What are your goals related to prayer?
3. When was a time in your life when prayer changed everything? If you have not experienced this, where is an area in your life where you hope that prayer can bring change?
4. Which types of prayer have you practiced? Which would you be interested in trying?
1. What is your current Bible routine? Do you regularly meditate on the scriptures you read?
2. How can scripture be used to combat the devil? If you have an experience with this, share it.
3. How can you incorporate memorization into your bible reading and spiritual life?
4. How have you used scripture to instruct and bless others? How can you best do that?
1. What is your experience with fasting? If you have had experience with it, how has it benefited your walk with God? What were the challenges it presented?
2. How does fasting relate to other spiritual disciplines?
3. How can tools like journaling serve you as you fast?
4. If you are considering introducing fasting into your spiritual life, what is your plan of action? If you are not, what other practices can you use to get a similar result?
1. Do you find it difficult to set aside time from your work and/or the busyness of your life? Why?
2. Is Sabbath-keeping something you do on a weekly basis? What would help you better fulfill God's intention for the Sabbath?
3. How has this examination of spiritual disciplines impacted you?
4. How can/do you stay accountable in the practice of your spiritual disciplines?
Additional Resources & Sources
Would you consider donating to CLI to help bring more free courses like this to Christian Leaders? Any amount of support helps!
You can click on the button below to offer a donation today!