Theology II (4 credits)
Instructor: David Feddes
Featured authors: Louis Berkhof, John Piper, and J. C. Ryle
But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. (Titus 2:1)
Overview: This course considers Christian doctrines about the Holy Spirit, the application of salvation, the church, and the future. (You must take Theology I before you take Theology II.)
- Know how the Holy Spirit connects believers with Christ and applies the benefits of salvation.
- Know how the Holy Spirit regenerates, transforms, indwells, and equips believers.
- Know God’s eternal covenant plan to rescue and preserve his chosen people.
- Know key doctrines of the church, godly leadership, and sacraments.
- Know biblical teaching about the future: last days, millennium, resurrection, final judgment, eternal death, and eternal life.
- Read the online articles for each unit. You may also save these articles to your own computer for further study.
- Listen to online video lectures. For some videos, there is also a corresponding article. Slides for each video are posted as a PDF file. If you wish, you may save each file on your computer and adapt the slides to use when you teach others.
- Use the discussion forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with others.
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. Once a quiz starts, you must finish it and can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First, answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 75-minute limit.
*The course has a total of 240 points: 20 points for each of the twelve quizzes.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Course Forum: Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first-course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you wanted to post about.
Day 1 - 10
Unit 1: Born of the Spirit: Calling and Regeneration
Day 11 - 20
Unit 2: Conversion, Justification, Adoption
Day 21 - 30
Unit 3: Indwelt and Sanctified by the Spirit
Day 31 - 40
Unit 4: Embraced, Equipped, and Empowered by the Spirit
Day 41 - 50
Unit 5: The Eternal Covenant and Perseverance
Day 51 - 60
Unit 6: The Church
Day 61 - 70
Unit 7: Church Leadership
Day 71 - 80
Unit 8: Church Sacraments (Ordinances)
Day 81 - 90
Unit 9: Millennium, Last Days, and Final Rebellion
Day 91 - 100
Unit 10: Jesus' Second Coming and Judgment
Day 101 - 110
Unit 11: Life After Death and Resurrection
Day 111 - 120
Unit 12: Our Eternal Home
Day 121 - 150
Read the testimony of this fellow Christian Leaders Institute student in Uganda:
CLI student Sam Smith
"Before God saved me I had a long struggle with drugs, alcohol and the street lifestyle of the inner city. After getting in trouble with the Police my mother requested an Uncle of mine to begin talking to me about the Bible. That uncle hired me on his painting business and began to share the gospel with me. When he would share the gospel with me I began to feel the conviction of sin for the first time. I thought I was saved because I had repeated the sinner's prayer and was a baptized.
Now I'm married with one child and I serve on the mission field in Uganda with my wife Sarah who is a Ugandan. In Uganda, we are planting a Church, and assisting other churches with Bible teaching. We also do evangelism, food distribution to people suffering from drought and extreme poverty.
The free ministry training has been a great blessing to my Ministry's future because it has helped to reaffirm and strengthen the foundation of sound teaching I received when I was discipled. I have greatly benefited from the teaching of Dr David Feddes in theology 1 and 2, Prayer, Church History and Apologetics. I also enjoyed Professor Henry Reyenga's classes Sermon Construction and Presentation and People Smart. I know what I have learned will help me to minister in years to come
May God bless the staff and the Donors that help to make these class possible."
Please pray for Sam! If you would like, you can join Vision Partners in supporting Christian Leaders like him:
Day 151 - 180
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.