English Literacy for Beginners 2
English Literacy for Beginners 2 (4 credits)
Instructor: Susan De La Fuente
Overview: This course is designed to bring the student from a fourth-grade level in English reading and writing skills to a 6th-grade level. If you have advanced English proficiency skills already, this class will teach you how to help others and will be a relatively easy class. If you need to strengthen your skills, this class may be more challenging, but in the end, you will improve and learn how to teach English proficiency to others. This class will also help you advance in your English vocabulary. This is important in English literacy and proficiency. The class will finally look at how to help you learn how to do well on tests and quizzes. We want you to do well, so we will give you secrets of good test-taking.
- Read materials and blogs.
- View all video lectures online (These lectures are also available as MP3 audios, but you will miss seeing helpful slides if you only listen to audio).
- Take a quiz for each unit. Each quiz is 20 questions and is worth 20 points toward your course grade. You have 45 minutes to complete each quiz. Be prepared ahead of time by viewing all videos and reading all readings for the unit. If you are not prepared, 45 minutes will not be enough time to look up all answers, be ready. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. First, answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to any questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 45-minute limit (Tip: Save the readings in a folder on your computer or print them out. If you can't remember an answer, refer back to the article or your notes from a video).
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average grade for all assignments in the class must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no course credit.
Course Forum: Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first-course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you wanted to post about.
Note: You must complete all work by the final deadline of the course. If you are not done by that date, you will have to take the class again to receive credit. Incompletions are considered drops. Please take this course very seriously. It is a gift to you by very generous contributors and the staff and professors of Christian Leaders Institute. You have 180 days to finish the course, or you will be removed from the class.
- Check out UsingEnglish.com for a resource.
- Important Resources from The Logic of English Website.
- Phonograms List (Go to this website and click on phonograms to hear them pronounced).
- Basic Rules of Spelling.
- Printed Out Resources and Flash Cards.
Vowels and DIgraphs
Consonants, Antonyms and Synonyms
Dialogue and Family Names
Month, Day, Year
Letters and Words
Nouns and Short Story #1
Zoo animals and Sight Words
Adjectives and Prepositions
More Word Families and Feeling Words
Common and Proper Nouns
Food and Time
Time and Short Story #2
Time and Short Story #3
Day 131 - 150
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training worldwide?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders.
Day 151 - 180
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.