Restoring Relationships - Transforming Justice
Restoring Relationships - Transforming Justice (3 credits)
Instructor: Henry Reyenga
Content Provider: Professor Brian DeCook, President of Peacefire.net
Overview: This course teaches you to think about justice and conflict in a new way. We all have conflict stories that mark our lives. This course examines the dynamics of conflict and offense from a restorative justice perspective. It presents a way of processing conflict that encourages redemptive conflict stories grounded in a relationship of relentless reliance on Jesus Christ.
- Learn the dynamics of conflict from a Biblical perspective.
- Develop skills to identify the opportunities that exist in every conflict you encounter.
- Embrace the challenges that you face as an individual on parole/probation and establish a plan to change the dynamics of conflict in your life.
- Recognize your existing approach to conflict and how it can be improved.
- This course includes written materials by various authors.
- CLI thanks Prison Fellowship International for use of articles taken from their Restorative Justice Week Bible studies. More information about Prison Fellowship International can be found at "www.restorativejustice.org."
- CLI also thanks the ministry "I am Second" for the use of video stories in this course. More information about "I am Second" can be found at "www.iamsecond.com."
- View all online lectures and read all the articles on each topic. CLI computer tracks whether you do this. After viewing all the lectures for the unit, take the quiz based on the lectures, reading materials, and video testimonies (100% of grade).
- There is also a transparency paper graded. This transparency paper will be posted on your profile. Some of these posts may be published on www.igniterestoration.com or www.newlifecard.org. These CLI sites are dedicated to helping former offenders thrive in our world.
Accessibility: All of the videos have slides to accompany them.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit. Each quiz consists of 20 questions.
Course Forum: Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first-course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you wanted to post about.
Day 1 -10
Day 11 - 20
Day 21 - 30
Day 31 - 40
Day 41 - 50
Day 51 - 60
Day 61 - 70
Day 71 - 80
Day 81 - 90
Day 91- 100
Day 101 - 110
Day 111 - 120
Unit 12: Training for Godliness
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training everywhere?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian Leaders!
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.