Church Revitalization (3 credits)
Instructor: Dr. John Kenny
Overview: This course examines the necessity for church revitalization, the contributing factors that contribute to decline, and the biblical principles which lead to health and vitality.
- Have a biblical understanding of the nature and purpose of the church.
- Be able to define the contributing factors that have led to decline and stagnation in your ministry context.
- Understand the critical importance of repentance and how to lead others through it.
- The ability to distinguish between the church growth model and the healthy church model.
- Examine the role of the leader from both spiritual and pragmatic perspectives.
Assignments: View all online lectures and read all the articles on each topic. The Christian Leaders Learning Site tracks whether you do this. After viewing all lectures for the unit, take the quiz based on the lectures (100% of grade). All reading materials must be of general domain or creative commons.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and retake the class to receive credit.
Need help: CLI Help Desk (email@example.com).
Day 1 -10 Introduction to Revitalization
Day 11 - 20 Diagnosing the Problem
Day 21 - 30 The Underlying Causes of Poor Health
Day 31 - 40 The Letter to Sardis
Day 41 - 50 Repentance & Revitalization
Day 51 - 60 Getting Started
Day 61 - 70 The Revitalized Leader
Day 71 - 80 The Healthy Church
Day 81 - 90 Thinking Differently
Day 91 - 100 Model for Ministry
Day 101 - 110 Applied Leadership
Day 111 - 120 Making the Most of Your Leadership
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner, please click the link below:
Find out about the benefits of giving!
Day 121 - 150
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training worldwide?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders.
Day 151 - 180
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.