Comparative Religions (2 credits)
Comparative Religions (2 Credits)
Dr. Roy Clouser
This course teaches you how to approach the study of the religions of the world. There are five major faiths which will be discussed by Prof Clouser: Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
1. The student will learn a sampling of the words used in each faith and will gain an understanding of the basic ideas of each faith.
2. The student will develop a perspective from which he/she can interact with people who have a differing faith and do so with confidence of knowing something of the teachings of the other faith.
3. The student will gain an appreciation for her/his own faith as it relates to other religions in the world today.
4. The student will be able to discuss the concept of the divine as each faith expresses it, the content of a small sample of sacred writings from each faith, and give a reason for the faith that each student holds.
This course includes written materials of various kinds. There are readings in the sacred writings of each of the faiths, articles discussing various aspects of each faith, and the observations of scholars on the main concepts embodied in the teachings of each faith.
View all online lectures and read all the articles on each topic. CLI computer tracks whether you do this. After viewing all lectures for the unit, take the quiz based on the lectures (100% of grade).
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically un-enrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training worldwide?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders.