Preaching, Preparation, and Presentation
Preaching, Preparation, and Presentation (3 credits)
Instructor: Bruce Ballast
Overview: This class cultivates the art and method of preparing and preaching effective sermons and/or formal Christian presentations. Drawing first upon the Bible and communion with the Spirit, students will deepen their calling as preachers, develop their skills in crafting and delivering powerful messages, and grapple with some practical challenges in preaching.
- Learn how to study the Bible in a way that will lead to sermons reflecting the truth that you learn.
- Develop a pattern of sermon making that uses the skills taught to prepare interesting and attention-getting introductions, organize the body of the sermon in a memorable way, and conclude your message with power.
- Embrace your role and calling as a preacher as you understand where and how we were called and the tremendous responsibility we preachers have.
- Recognize that the called preacher must relate effectively to the congregation where he/she preaches. Several examples are given of how to do this.
- Reflect on some of the practical issues of preaching, like preaching through pain and preaching when people aren’t responding.
Resources: This course includes references to a variety of written materials by well-known and effective preachers. For more information, you can access Dr. Ballast’s blog on preaching at www.preachingacts.com.
Assignments: View all online lectures and read all the articles on each topic. CLI computer tracks whether you do this. After viewing all lectures for the unit, take the quiz based on the lectures (100% of grade). All reading materials must be of general domain or creative commons.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Accessibility: All videos have slides available with them.
Day 1 - 10
Day 11 - 20
Day 21 - 30
Day 31 - 40
Day 41 - 50
Day 51 - 60
Day 61 - 70
Day 71 - 80
Day 81 - 90
Day 91 - 100
Day 101 - 110
Day 111 - 120
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner, please click the link below.
Find out about the benefits of giving!
Day 121 - 150
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training worldwide?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders.
Day 151 - 180
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.