Victory over Sexual Sins
Victory over Sexual Sins
By Henry Reyenga
Featuring selected YouTube Videos
The temptation for sexual sin is everywhere. In today's world, most people have to figure out how to not get lost in that temptation and sin. Christians and ministers are called to "flee from sexual immorality."Ministers are called to authentically lead the way out of such things as porn viewing or addiction and sexual immorality of any kind.
1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.This mini-course will look at ministering for victory over sexual sin. Jesus Christ paid for all our sins and is making us alive.
Ephesians 2:1-5 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
This mini-course will fit you if:
- You have struggled with sexual sins and desire to grow in putting to death those sins in your life.
- You have experienced victory over sexual sin and seek to minister to help others experience victory over sexual sin.
- You have never struggled in this area and want to learn more ministerial skills to help people who seek victory.
- You want to learn more about this so you can minister to your family and friends.
Course Objective or Outcomes:
1. Learn how God created us as sexual beings.
2. Discover how the fall impacted sexual thoughts.
3. Explore what the social sciences say about sexual addiction.
4. Develop a plan for victory over sexual sins.
5. Learn from Craig Groeschel and his journey through porn injury and victory.
6. Develop takeaways for personal and ministry benefits in this area of your life.
Post in 4 forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections and read and engaged with the comments of others.
After you complete viewing the materials and posting your reflections, there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Section 1 - Creation and Fall
1. Why is it important to talk about God's creational design as we explore the nature of sexual sins?
2. What did you see differently about the fall of humanity as it relates to sexual sins?
3. Why are sexual sins so hidden and secret?
Section 2 - Hardwired Fallen Dopamine Responders
These next videos are not developed from a Christian worldview, but they do a good job of showing how the social science community understands "porn addiction" from the perspective of dopamine responders. The term dopamine responder is useful as a term for helping people get over pornography addiction.
1. Why is important to realize that all addictions cause the brain to chemically change, including porn addiction?
2. What is The Coolidge Effect and how does it reinforce porn addiction?
3. How could you connect these videos on the brain and pornography with the practice of doing ministry?
Section 3 - Growing in Victory over Sexual Sins
1. Why is your transparency and testimony in this area of your life beneficial in helping others?
2. What are the benefits of overcoming sexual sins with victory?
3. Why are strong boundaries so important?
Section 4 - Selected YouTube Videos
There are many perspectives shared by Christian leaders on overcoming sexual sins and porn addiction. Glean through and incorporate further skills and tools for your personal growth and learn more ministry skills to serve others.
1. What insights have you gained from Craig Groeschel's porn journey and battle plan to overcome it?
2. Do you relate to how young people who are exposed to porn at a young age suffer an injury?
3. Have you gone through all the material of this course? What are some takeaways?
Donate to help support CLI's mission by becoming a Vision Partner!
Click Here to sign up as a monthly donor or to make a one-time donation.
Do you want others to receive scholarships for our free Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 375,000 students have enrolled from over 180 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes!