Mark of the Lion
by Professor Brian DeCook
In many cultures, the idea of identity has become a defining characteristic of an individual and has taken on a deeper significance. As Christians, how do we understand this? How is our identity shaped? And what is our identity in Jesus Christ? Join Professor DeCook in a journey of exploration and discovery of what it means to have an identity as a follower of Jesus Christ.
Upon the completion of this mini-course, students will have an understanding of the following:
- Intersectionality and the various aspects of identity in mainstream culture
- The concept and function of oppression and oppressors in relation to intersectionality
- The downfalls to a strictly intersectional worldview of identity
- What it means to identify as a follower of Jesus Christ, based on a Biblical framework
- The transforming power of healing, reconciliation, and unity that is found in Jesus
- The Mark of the Lion as an aroma of our Savior
- The process and impact of taking the Mark of the Lion
- The effect of the Mark of the Lion on identity, personal relationships, and relationships with the world
Post in 3 Forums. You will get a completion check indicating you have posted reflections. Also, read and engage with the comments of others.
After viewing the materials and posting your reflections, there is a feedback quiz. The quiz will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the mini-course.
Peacefire is a recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization founded in 2004 and led by Executive Director Brian DeCook.
Peacefire provides the following resources and services to equip and encourage Christians to be available to the Lord as Ambassadors of Reconciliation in the various conflicts they encounter:
- Workshops and conferences for pastors and Christian leaders
- Church leadership peace training
- Marriage conflict training
- Family conflict training
- Youth leader conflict coaching
- Premarital conflict coaching
- Free online resources
1. In 2 Corinthians 2:15-16, the Apostle Paul refers to Christians as the “fragrance of Christ.” In what practical ways do you think Christians are the fragrance of Christ to the world?
2. What is the difference between God’s grace and God’s mercy?
3. What does it mean to you to “identify” with Jesus Christ?
4. What does it mean to you to “follow” Jesus Christ?
5. Describe how an aspect of an individual’s intersectional identity might become an idol.
6. How can the gift of the Holy Spirit affect a person’s identity?
1. How does the mark of God’s love impact the way you respond toward fellow Christians who offend you?
2. How does the mark of God’s love impact your relationships with people who do not identify with Jesus Christ?
3. What does it mean to you to “overcome evil with good?”
4. How can identifying with Jesus Christ cause division?
5. How does the theory of intersectionality cause division?
6. What does it mean to you to be an ambassador of reconciliation?
1. How can you develop a relationship with someone that the Lord puts in your life who doesn’t identify with Jesus Christ?
2. What opportunities does the theory of intersectionality provide to share the gospel of Jesus Christ?
3. How does the Mark of the Lion impact your relationship with followers of Christ who don’t agree with your political views?
Would you like to become a Vision Partner, and help bring these free mini courses to more Christian Leaders? You can click on the button below to make a donation!
Do you want others to receive scholarships for free training with Christian education and ministry training? If you are able, your participation as a Vision Partner keeps this Christian Education available.
- Get Vision Partners Benefits
- More than 575,000 students have enrolled from over 200 nations
- We offer over 150 courses and mini-courses in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Chinese
Christian Leaders Store - Click Here
Purchase Christian products - all proceeds support more classes and impact.