United States History (3 Credits)
Записаться на курс
Professor Tyrone TillerOverview
Need help: CLI Help Desk email@example.com
This class examines major developments in United States history since 1865.
1. Know important persons and events in American history from the Civil War to the present.
2. Identify key political, social, economic and culture developments during this period.
3. Discern how contemporary America is rooted in its past.
4. Understand varying opinions and perspectives among historians.
5. Develop one’s own ability to evaluate the positive or negative impact of historical figures and trends.
1. Readings in this class begin right after the Civil War (1865) and continue to recent times. The readings come from the website American History, which has given CLI permission to use their online textbook.
2. Video lectures featuring Dr. Tyrone Tillery go deeper into the period from the 1890s to the 1950s. These lectures were completed in 2008 at the University of Houston and might not always be compatible with the CLI Statement of Faith. Listen with discernment, and you can learn much, even if you do not agree with everything he says.
1. Read online articles as assigned. You may also save these articles to your own computer for further study. You will be tested separately on this material.
2. View all video lectures online. You will be tested separately on this material.
3. Use the discussion forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with others.
4. Take two quizzes each week covering the readings and videos. You will have 45 minutes to answer each 10-question multiple-choice quiz. Once a quiz has started, you must finish it, and you can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 45-minute limit.
*The course has a total of 240 points: 10 points for each quiz.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82%
C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all course work will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
As in most general education college courses, some of the materials and viewpoints in this course may differ from Christian Leaders Institute's official stance. However, CLI does think it is important for students to be aware of the different ideas and theories that are out there in a particular subject, even if some of these theories, ideas, or opinions are controversial.
Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you were wanting to post about.
Day 1 - 10
Day 11 - 20
Day 21 - 30
Day 31 - 40
Day 41 - 50
Day 51 - 60
Day 61 - 70
Day 71 - 80
Day 81 - 90
Day 91 - 100
Day 101 - 110
Day 111 - 120
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner, click the link below.
Day 121 - 150
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Day 151 - 180
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.