Leadership (3 credits)
Leadership (3 credits)
Instructor: Bruce Ballast
Overview: This course explores how godly leaders, relying on the Holy Spirit, can help guide, motivate, mobilize, unify, and equip God's people to pursue God's mission for them.
- Explore the mission model of the apostle Paul and its relevance for contemporary leadership in mission and ministry.
- To understand the leadership process.
- To understand himself/herself as a leader and to identify the various aspects of personality and baggage that will affect his/her leadership.
- Will understand and be able to articulate the issues of culture in their situation.
- Will understand the best way of developing a vision for the future within his/her cultural situation.
- Will define a vision of a preferred future for the organization/ministry of which he/she is a part.
- Will be able to develop a strategic plan for implementation that will move the organization toward the preferred future.
- Will understand the importance of prayer in the process and develop a structure for supporting the vision with prayer.
- Listen to online video lectures. Dr. Bruce Ballast's videos explore healthy Christian leaders' qualities, attitudes, and practices. Slide contents for each video are posted to aid study.
- Read the assigned readings for each unit. These readings are chapters from Missionary Methods: St. Paul's or Ours? This classic book by Roland Allen examines Paul's leadership style and its ongoing importance for missions and leadership.
- Use the discussion forum to ask questions and exchange ideas with others.
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. Once a quiz starts, you must finish it and can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First, answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 75-minute limit.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Course Forum: Each course forum is at the beginning of the course, right before the first-course content section, and has comments and questions from other students in the class. The forum is a great way to post a question or comment for other students who are currently enrolled in the course to see. Additionally, you can search the forum to see if anyone in the past has addressed or discussed the issue, question, or comment you wanted to post about.
Accessibility: This course has transcripts available for all videos.
Day 1 - 10
Day 11 - 20
Day 21 - 30
Day 31 - 40
Day 41 - 50
Day 51 - 60
Day 61 - 70
Day 71 - 80
Day 81 - 90
Day 91 - 100
Day 101 - 110
Day 111 - 120
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
Find out about the benefits of giving!
Unit 12: Our Eternal Home
Day 121 - 150
Read the Testimony of this Fellow Christian Leaders Institute Student
The Lord is drawing him into Leadership!
CLI Student McClintock AcSmhour
that will help them to stop relying on employment but build their own businesses for the success of their communities and churches around them.
I am very passionate about becoming a leader, not only in Malawi but the whole Africa, teaching the youth to become leaders who can lead like Christ in their different positions. I studied Journalism and many other health related courses. Apart from this, I got a scholarship to study at African Christian College in Swaziland (currently called Eswatini), and I am studying bachelor of theology major in leadership. This is so because my passion is just to transform African by equipping the youth who I believe they are the leaders of tomorrow with authentic leadership and business skills so that together we can end poverty.
I am exited to join CLI, and I hope I am going to learn more about leadership and how to manage conflict in an organizational setting."
Please pray for McClintock and his ministry! If you would like, you can join our Vision Partners in supporting Christian leaders like him!
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training everywhere?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders.
Day 151 - 180
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.