Ministry Training/Academic Literacy Skills
Ministry Training/Academic Literacy Skills (1 credit)
Instructors: Henry Reyenga and Steve Elzinga
Are you interested in taking college-level courses? Do you have what it takes to complete courses and receive credit? These foundational literacy skills will help prepare you for college-level courses in the future.
This Ministry Training/Academic Literacy Skills class is a good fit for students who:
- Are studying the Bible for the first time.
- Are studying ministry for the first time.
- Are enrolled at CLI, and English is not their primary language.
- Are looking for tools to understand better the Bible, Ministry Training, and personal growth courses.
- Are interested in reviewing the academic literacy issues that are found in formal college and education.
- Are new to college study (high school graduate or homeschooled teen) and need a good introduction to academic literacy.
- Understand academic literacy.
- Develop habits of success.
- Learn basic time management for academic success.
- Develop your goals and plans.
- Navigate through your course priorities.
- Learn how to study and take quizzes.
- Understand a Christian worldview as it applies to your studies.
Skill Access Requirements: You must have basic knowledge of English and literacy skills to complete this course. You will need to read English materials, understand English video lectures, study those materials, and complete quizzes presented to you. This class will make a difference in your study at Christian Leaders College, Institute, and Alliance. Though it does not give College credit, it will help provide an excellent foundation for study at the college level.
Resources: All content for this course is found in the readings and lectures.
Assignments: View all video lectures. After viewing all readings and lectures for the unit, take the quiz based on the lectures and readings (100% of grade). You may refer back to them as you take the quizzes. The quizzes do not have a time limit in this course.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and retake the class to receive credit.
Final Feedback Quiz: The last quiz will ask for any feedback you have regarding this course. As you study and watch videos, please take note of any suggestions or issues you may have noticed to improve this course for students in the future.
Set Goals and Overcome Walls
Habits of Success
Study and Complete Quizzes