MIN 275 Senior Adult Ministry
MIN 275 - Senior Adult Ministry (3 credits)
Instructors: Dr. Anthony Raimondo and Bob Zomermaand
Introduction: Are you entering your senior years? Maybe you are thinking of retirement and sense the calling into ministry. Maybe you are retired and are called to reach others who are also retired. Maybe you are younger, but you have a passion for serving seniors. If any of these apply, the Senior Adult Ministry Course may be right for you. Professor Bob Zomermaand will lead the Ministry theme. He will take us through the skills and practices of pastoring or ministering to those 55 and older. Professor Dr. Anthony Raimondo will lead the Life Coach Minister theme. He will give presentations that deal with coaching seniors to a full and blessed life.
Overview: This course provides training for ministry among senior citizens. The class surveys various aspects of aging persons, their unique needs, and opportunities for faith and service in God’s Kingdom. It explores life coaching for seniors, thus equipping ministers of all ages to benefit the seniors they are pastoring. It also examines current academic thought regarding seniors.
- Identify some unique characteristics of aging persons in terms of biological aging, mental acuity, and social development.
- Be able to help golden agers discover and put to use the skills, talents, and time God has given them.
- Be equipped to help senior citizens find joy in their last years.
- Know challenges facing senior citizens and the Body of Christ as together they seek the betterment of seniors and the care that can be offered by, to, and with seniors.
- View all online lectures and read all the articles in each unit. The Christian Leaders Learning Site tracks whether you do this.
- Take the online quiz for each unit (100% of grade). You will have 75 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to class materials. When you complete the final questionnaire after completing all other quizzes, you will be issued a final grade for the course.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average for the course must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and retake the class to receive credit.
Need help: CLI Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
Read the Story of this Fellow Christian Leaders Institute Student
She is serving the Lord by ministering to the elderly!
CLI Student Ferousya Abdul Kadir
"Hi, my name is Ferousya Abdul Kadir and I succeeded in getting my certificate as a Deacon Minister Ordination in 2018. I have been a servant of the Lord for about six years working as a caregiver for a multiple home-care agencies in Colorado. Yet, I did not know this calling until I did Deacon Training with another Deacon back in the middle of August 2018. I had questions in regards to this calling and yet the Deacon explained to me and confirmed to me that the Lord called me as a Deacon before being certified and ordained at Christian Leader Institute. I felt honored and blessed that Jesus have called me to spread the Gospel in a healthcare field to many residents and clients in the home-care agency.
I spent many years praying for those who is in need of prayer in salvation. I had residents asked me to pray for their pain such as body pains or even their mental disorders. There were also other times when I helped my residents or clients to get off from bed, assisted going to the bathroom, took a shower, or even assisted in taking them to the dining room to eat or bring food to their room and assisted them with feeding. There were times me and the clients talk about the Lord. My passion for the elders is 100% because their needs are very important to me."
Please pray for Ferousya! If you would like, you can join our Vision Partners in supporting Christian leaders like her!
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training everywhere?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders!
End of Course
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.