Business Management for Every Enterprise (4 Credits)
Professor: Michael Greene
A comprehensive survey of the principles of management as they are currently being applied in the United States and abroad. The two continuing themes throughout the course: (1) the never-ending effort by managers and organizations to meet or exceed the consumers needs (2) the need for effective leadership in organizations. Emphasis is placed on determining the role of a manager through the leadership process.
Upon completion of this course, students will have an understanding of:
- The role and responsibilities of management, including what effective management looks like and how to conduct informed management.
- The role leadership plays in management and the various leadership skills and styles
- The functions of management, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling.
- How management relates to the social, ethical, and economic aspects of business
- The importance and forms of international business, as well as the types of business, including sole proprietorships, and corporations
- The legal aspects of business, such as regulations, and taxes
- The basics of technology as it relates to business strategy and information management
- An overview of data analysis for informed decision making and communication
- The basics of finance for business, including budgeting, reporting, capital, debt, records, financial services, and credit
- The process of developing new products, marketing, distributing, and pricing them
- The value of human resources and the importance of valuing employees in an organization
This class includes resources from many books and articles. All required materials are posted here.
View all online lectures and read all articles in each topic. CLI computer tracks whether you do this. After viewing all lectures for the unit, take the quiz based on the lectures (100% of grade).
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average grade for all assignments in the class must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no course credit.
Note: You must complete all work by the final deadline of the course. If you are not done by that date, you will have to take the class again to receive credit.
In Conclusion: Watch the Presentations. Read the attached readings. Take the quizzes. But most importantly start putting the principles that you learn into practice in your relationships.
Unit 1 - Managing & Decision Making
Unit 2 - The Manager as Leader / Planning and Organizing
Unit 3 - Staffing, Leading, and Controlling / Characteristics of Business
Unit 4 - Social, Ethical, and Economic Environments of Business
Unit 5 - International Environment of Business / Managing the Form of Business Ownership
Unit 6 - Legal Aspects of Business / Technology and Information Management
Unit 7 - Organizational Communications / Data Analysis and Decision Making
Unit 8 - Business Financial Records / Financing a Business
Unit 9 - Financial Services / Credit and Insurance
Unit 10 - Managing Production and Operations / Nature and Scope of Marketing
Unit 11 - Product Development and Distribution / Pricing and Promotion
Unit 12 - Managing Human Resources / Rewarding and Developing Employees
As you complete this tuition-free course, let's pray for and thank the Vision Partners! Their sacrificial giving supports these tuition-free courses so that those will little or no extra resources can access high-quality ministry training.
If you are interested in becoming a Vision Partner, Click Here. Find out about the benefits of giving!
Unit 12: More Recent Chapters in God's Story
Help Support Christian Leaders!
Do you want to participate in bringing free ministry training worldwide?
- Pray for more open doors, protection from attack, and the resources needed to expand this mission.
- Consider supporting and sharing with others this Christianity spreading opportunity.
- Order credentials from the Guidance and Credential Panel and products from the Christian Leaders Store.
- Enroll at the College for the Degree program.
- Share this free training opportunity with new potential students. Help recruit a new generation of Christian leaders.
End of Course
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.