People Smart for Ministry
People Smart for Ministry (3 credits)
Instructor: Henry Reyenga
Overview: This course discusses people intelligence for life and ministry. This class will help you identify the common principles for effective communication and how to improve your effectiveness with People. This course will also help you minister to people better as you learn to hear what they are saying. This course is designed for you to learn how to express your love in ways that people will understand.
- Learn the basics of communication, such as attentive listening and wise speaking.
- Learn best practices for elements of communication such as first impressions, presentation, starting a conversation, and keeping a conversation going.
- Learn elements from communication theory that the academic business community has identified as crucial for effective enterprise with an application for ministry.
- Learn how to conduct interviews or be interviewed.
- Use humor to bless others and become a person who is more fun and accessible.
- Ability to deal with troublemakers, such as "dragons in a church."
- Develop positive people skills and communication habits.
- View all online lectures and read all the articles for each unit. CLI computer tracks whether you do this.
- Take the online quiz for each unit. You will have 45 minutes to answer 20 multiple-choice questions for each quiz. Once a quiz starts, you must finish it and can't retake it. So be ready ahead of time. Each quiz covers readings and video lectures for that unit. While taking the quiz, you may use your notes and refer to articles and other materials. Tip: First, answer all the questions you know. Then try to look up answers to questions you don't know. When you have entered an answer for every question, submit the quiz for grading before the 45-minute limit.
A 95-100% A- 90-94% B+ 87-89% B 83-86% B- 80-82% C+ 77-79% C 73-76% C- 70-72% D+ 67-69% D 63-66% D- 60-62% F 0-59%
Your average grade for all assignments in the class must be at least 60%. Otherwise, you will fail the class and will receive no course credit.
Deadline: You have 180 days to finish the course. Complete all assignments before the final deadline, or you will be automatically unenrolled, and all coursework will be removed. You will have to start over and take the class again to receive credit.
Accessibility: All videos have slides available with them.
Day 1 - 10The Foundation of People Smart For Ministry
Day 11 - 20People Smart for Ministry
Day 21 - 30Listening Practices
Day 31 - 40
The Nature of Communications and Advanced Communications
Day 41 - 50
You Are The Message (Part 1)
Day 51 - 60
You are spreading the message of Jesus Christ in your sphere of influence. This course has helped many called leaders more effectively be the message to their community. We praise God for all the difference-makers who have been empowered by this training to proclaim Christ boldly.
Would you like to support this course today?Donate
You Are the Message (2)
Day 61 - 70Effective Conversations
Day 71 - 80
People Smart Techniques
Day 81 - 90
People Smart For Being Interviewed or Conducting Interviews
Day 91 - 100
Maneuvering Through the Difficult People Waters
Day 101 - 110
Developing Positive People Habits
Day 111 - 120
Don't Take Yourself Too Seriously
Day 121 - 150
Read the Amazing Testimony of this Christian Leaders Institute Student from South Africa:
CLI student Daphne Balinda Ketter
"My name is Daphne Balinda Ketter. I was born in Kampala, Uganda. I married Tony Ketter a Kenyan national and now we live in Pretoria, South Africa. We have 7 children of which the youngest three are my biological ones.
I grew up in very dangerous times with oppressive governments from 1972 to 1985, in Uganda. Through three successive governments, my family felt unsafe and confined in the rural area for safety. Fear of what may and could happen was a part of normal life. War was real to us as we buried out possessions and ran into the bushes at the sight of soldiers around the village. We would pray to God for protection knowing He alone was our only rescue.
I am studying at CLI to equip myself to serve the LORD to win souls to Christ, equip mothers and the young in the Gospel and Christian living. I serve my church in the Prophetic and also in Hospital Ministries. I use my gifts of teaching and encouragement to teach young Christians, mentor young wives and mothers, and mentor teenagers and young adults.
Being able to have free training from CLI has been a blessing. Even as I searched online for a free Bible school I didn’t expect to find one. A scholarship for training is critical to equip those who are passionate to serve the LORD, win souls and plant churches but cannot afford to. It is also important that although some like me go ahead to serve, we need proper training so that the name of the LORD is not blasphemed through our lack of sufficient knowledge on how to represent as servants of God. I believe the circumstances of not being able to afford are temporary and I shall have an opportunity, I shall partner with CLI to sponsor others. I am happy and proud of the work of Mr. Reyenga and the CLI team. It is courageous and selfless. God bless you!"
Please pray for Daphne!
Our staff will be using this time to review your work. Your grade should appear on your "My Home Page" in the "Course Overview" section. Please contact Helpdesk if you have any questions or did not receive your grade.
Day 151 - 180
Why Order an Official Award?
Congratulations! Did you just finish an award? Showing your church leaders, mentor or family an official award changes how they see you. This recognition helps them view you as a serious contender for the faith. You are preparing to be a servant leader! We suggest that your mentor give you the award publically since we do not have a campus. Your local relationships are your campus.
Order an official award. Official awards are independently verified and recognized by our staff. When you display or show that official award it tells you and the world that you accomplished your goal and that you are preparing for your God-given purpose!
This takes you to your Guidance and Credential Panel, where you can order your Official Credentials. Click on the Credential you earned and there will be option to "Order Now".
The course has ended. Please make sure all quizzes have been completed. If your work is incomplete, it is considered a drop, and you will have to take the class again in order to receive credit.